Blog Pages

December 23, 2010

Something to be thankful for...



This year I received a really neat gift for Christmas - my Grandfather's WWII dog tags. He served in the 66th Armored Regiment of the 2nd Armored Division in the US Army. When I was in my early twenties, I went to school, played music, ate out 5 times a week, payed bills (when I had to), & in my free time I goofed off. When my Grandpa was in his early twenties, he spent almost 3 years of his life on 2 different continents - experiencing what I couldn't imagine. I often think how today our perception of reality is skewed; all I really know is peace & prosperity, but history tells another story of who really are and what we're capable of.




Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, & Me

I guess being thankful is kind of a thanksgiving thing to do, but who says we can't be thankful at Christmas? I'm thankful for the huge life altering experience my Grandfather went through as a young man, so that others did not have to. I'm thankful that my Grandfather & Grandmother are still married 60 plus years later. I'm thankful to God for watching over them through the years, and how He has blessed the 3 generations that now follow. And, being that it is Christmas, I cannot express how thankful I am God came to earth in Human form for the soul purpose of paying an uncountable debt I owed, to reconcile me to Him.

Merry Christmas from Ben, Amy, Luke, Simon, Helena, & "No.4"



No comments:

Post a Comment